Thursday, February 11, 2010

I thought there was no such thing as a false positive?

I took a pregnancy test friday morning, and the result was positive. The line was very faint but it was definitely there. Now 3 days later i got my period and am so disappointed. I went to to doctor and he did a test and it came out neg. Why did this happen?I thought there was no such thing as a false positive?
Sounds like a chemical pregnancy to me. I had one in February. Three positives and then I had a really bad period. I cried and stayed home from work and stopped trying all together to get pregnant. I now tell everyone to wait until you are at least a week late because of the horrible disaapointment I felt. I am now 8w4d pregnant. You're more fertile after a chemical pregnancy, or so my doctor says. Don't give up. Just relax and have sex for fun and it will happen. It worked for me. I had given up and now I have my first ultrasound pic. Good luck.I thought there was no such thing as a false positive?
Did the line appear with in the time stated? If you didn't notice the line until after then an evaporation line can appear.





With out sounding horrible, it could be a wishfull thinking line. If you stare at a test long enough you can convince yourself that there is a line. My friend was convinced she had a positive test but I didn't see any line.





Sorry.





Good luck for next month.
I had the exact same thing happen to me just a few weeks ago . I know how disappointing and painful it is.


Its the most common kind of miscarriage. Simply , the egg is fertilized but for some reason the body rejects it and its all passes out . It feels and looks like a really bad period.





I mean I can't tell you that's for sure why but thats what it sounds like.I'm very curious to why you're doctor didn't tell you that. I saw my OBGYN and she said it happens in 1 of every 3 pregnancies. And it doesn't usually effect your chance of having a healthy baby later on.





But when I went back to my Dr. after my ';period'; my test was negative. ( It was positive when she checked 3 days earlier.)


I
All a pregnancy test measures is a certain hormone. If it is somewhat elevated due to any circumstance, diet, stress or something else it may detect it slightly and give you a positive. This prob. also explains why it was faint and not a bold mark on the test. Good luck trying to have kids...they are great.
false positives are so rare that there are no known cases that i know of or reports on websites either from what i have read...if your period was ';late'; it just might not have been late and you could have been pregnant and had a chemical pregnancy which is exactly what i think it was since u got a pos and a few days later got ur ';period'; what happened was it was most likely a very early miscarriage..for some reason the fertilized egg didnt stick to your uterine wall when it prepared it for pregnancy (which is why we get our periods every month) ...so the egg didnt stick and it just flowed out with what you thought was a late period....i would try getting a blood test just in case...since many women still get their periods and can still be pregnant....i wish u many blessings and hope that you still are hun...





good luck!
hmm.. i heard there was no such thing as a false positive as well, could be that the line wasnt really there, or that it was there before you took it and you didnt see it, maybe it was suppose to get darker, or that it was a defective test, it is possible that it was broken..
You may have had what is called a chemical pregnancy, or a very early miscarriage. There was enough of the hormone in your system to get the positive test, but it was probably declining that that point. Sorry for your loss.
You could of had a very early miscarriage they do say a lot of us dont even know we have miscarried as we have had our period a few days late..





Really sorry to hear that, hope you get better luck next month
The term ';False positive'; wouldn't exist if it didn't happen. A false positive can come from a defect in the manufacturing, to leaving the test sitting too long.
You probably had a chemical pregnancy. Which is a really early misscarriage. I am so so sorry.
maybe it was a cheap test.. They have those a lot. You have to get the best one out there. And take like three just to make sure.
Because the first was a false positive. (Yes, Virginia, there is such things as false positives).
default test or you had a chemical pregancy where the baby does not attach to the uterus ..sorry this happened to you hun.. good luck for next month
false positives are possible they are just not common.. Im sorry that happened to you =/
Sorry that happened just keeping trying................i know it's hard to stay positive





Hopefully you will have better luck this month!!!!





Lots of baby dust to everyone TTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No one ever said that, they happen just rarely... You may have had a chemical pregnancy or called a early miscarriage..
There is a such thing. If a lie is told to make things better, than that is a false positive
i never heard of that happening before.
Those tests are not 100% accurate. Sorry to hear that there's no bundle of joy for you this month. The good news is that it's fun trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment