Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is it wrong to give kids a false sense of security by filling there heads with lies about things such as Santa?

and Jesus?Is it wrong to give kids a false sense of security by filling there heads with lies about things such as Santa?
Santa loves you and died for you sins.


Jesus gives you presents on Christmas.





...or was it the other way around?Is it wrong to give kids a false sense of security by filling there heads with lies about things such as Santa?
Santa is good.


Disappointment is a natural part of life, and finding out about Santa is an easy start for kids.


I don't regret believing as a child, and my 2 and 4yr old find joy in believing, so why would I discourage it?


It enhances their ability to have faith later in life, even if its shaken with evidence when they see Mommy putting presents under the tree.
Wasn’t life better with santa…when you believed.


When you believed that if you were good, you would get what you want (and even if you were bad, you still really wouldn’t be penalized…you would still get stuff. But then when you realized it was cr8p, did Christmas lose a little bit of luster? Was it not quite the same ever again?


For me it was.


And so it is for god. It was nice believing in it for a while…but then I grew up.


I saw through “life” and realized what it really was all about, for me anyway.





So the question is, is it better to believe a lie and have life be all nice and that….or is it better to know the truth…even if it is not quite as nice as it was with believing in lies.


I am sure a whole lot of people, for a whole lot of years felt very very good with Barry Madoff investments…until it was found out to all be a lie.


The lie was good, until it was found out that it was a lie…then lives were ruined.


I have a sneaking suspicion people will be in for a rude awakening when there is no heaven to get to…of course, they will just be dead, so they wont know the difference.





Merry X-mas…Keep X in your Xmas


-----


I will let my kids believe as long as they can...but as far as teaching them to have faith later in life, no way....that aint the way the world works.


Start watching American Greed on CNBC (I believe) (narrated by stacey keach...awesome)...and you will soon have confirmation that faith in one made up story increases the odds of faith in another made up story, which can lead to you losing your money...especially if the con artist feeds on your faith without evidence or proof...faith on a feeling. A sucker is raised Christian every minute.





---


I guess Rockwell had it right....It always feels like, somebodys watchin me...and I have no prvacy.


I wonder who's watching me now...the IRS????
Santa, yes. Jesus, no. 'Cause Jesus is real, Santa is not.





www.gracebiblechurch-absolutetruth.org
If I could do it again, I'd tell my kids that Santa was a game and part of the game was not to tell the other kids.
lies about santa? yes...... but about jesus? no. because there are no lies about jesus.


fun fact: rearrange the letters in santa, what do you come up with??? SATAN!!! yeah, funny huh? lol
Nah. A well-balanced kid gets past little cultural oddities like Santa easily. If nothing else it can be a preview of the real world--where things are not always as they seem.
It's their culture and religion. No, parents have a right to teach their kids the religion of their culture.
No. They enjoy the make believe and it is fun for them. Why do you want your children to have dull, uninteresting lives?
I thank God my parents encouraged belief in Jesus. I might be standing in your shoes today.
Yes. Humanity is wrong. You are wrong. I am wrong. I am trying to be better, while you look down your nose at those who struggle with these things in this life.
Most people do not realize what they are doing because they were brainwashed as children too.
Yes. It's also wrong to give them a false sense of honesty by telling them you ';know'; Jesus and/or Santa is watching them.
Yes and no.
teach them about real gods like, Will Ferell!!! or the raise the kids spartan :P
Trite
jesus is not a lie he is real





no its not wrong
of course, i want to know how a story of a creepy old fat man sneaking into your house became a comfort for young children
santa yes...why lie?





but JESUS IS REAL


so dont talk about santa here. That is myths.
Nope. Santa is fun, and Jesus...........is..........my..........…
any lie can just mess up children
no way! please, our own governments do it to us everyday! come on!

No comments:

Post a Comment