Thursday, February 11, 2010

What to do about false noise complaints?

This girl next door to me once called the cops at night over a noise complaint (I was laughing at the TV for 10-15 seconds max).





But lately, she calls the cops when I even say anything thats a little above an inside voice.





Our walls are super thin, and you can hear phone's ringing or someone knocking on the neighbor's door.





Its driving me insane how she calls the cops....EVEN during the daytime and they still come. I never call the cops on her when she is yelling for her dog to get inside or her friends come over during the daytime talking real loud.





What can and should I do? If I were to complain on her, do I call 911 or some other number?





Help!!What to do about false noise complaints?
Honestly, I'm surprised the cops even show up. They don't have to respond unless the noice is above a certain decible level.





Talk to your landlord, not her. Tell her she is disrupting your day and causing emotional stress due to her belief that there is excess noise in your apartment. I'm sure you can easily prove that you aren't having parties or doing anything else that would cause noise. The landlord needs to talk to her about appropriate behavior and review the contract rules on noise with her.What to do about false noise complaints?
File a ';small claims'; lawsuit against your neighbor for ';public and private nuisance';. That will stop your neighbor forever regardless if you win or not. Have the county sheriff serve the complaint after you have files the small claims case. Make-up a dollar amount. IF your neighbor says anything vicious...then file a restraining order against the neighbor. Record notes of each incident you have with this neighbor to include exact words, date, time, witnesses, etc. If you can prove that your neighbor is harassing you file the restraining order first. You can make the neighbors life ';HELL';. JUST DO IT. The county civil clerk will help you. Also, if you can prove that your neighbor has filed a complaint against you unjustifiably...with the police...then file a police report yourself stating that the neighbor had violated the law (criminal law) by making false statements to a peace officer. If the cops don't file your report then file a complaint at the District Attorney's office in your county.
i have a problem with my neighbours like that. you could try informing the council or environmental health just to explain to them what is going on before she does. she obviously has a problem with you. i would try to avoid her as i confronted mine and i was arrested because she told the police a false story. you could also talk to someone about harrasment.
I had this problem with a neighbor, so I would blast noise for 15 seconds at different times, I did what they accused me of after they did it to me three times. I would watch for cops while i did it. It worked.
Fill her keyhole with Krazy Glue.
do it to her or shoot the ***** lol
I'd move.
start complaining about her???
Damn right....what goes around comes around. I doubt she'll learn anything out of it but ya, you need to start biting back. Just make sure you do it smart. Always be smarter than her. Don't call 911 call your local police department. Good luck! Don't get kicked out of your place over her.
Turn about is fair play,do unto her as she does to you maybe she will learn a lesson.
You need to speak to your landlord asap. It sounds to me that this person has problems. Please, never confront her directly, but work something out with your landlord and speak to the Police too. You need to set the record straight and protect yourself. Be careful.
Yell

No comments:

Post a Comment