Thursday, February 11, 2010

HP zd8000 gives me false battery status even its fully charged?

I have problem with my HP zd8000 laptop (intel Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz, 512 ddr2, 80gb hdd, 17 inch widescreen brilliant view lcd). I let it charge until battery reachs 100%, then I unplug it from adapter and it works for about 5 minutes then it goes into standby and when I try to wake it up it says battery is empty and battery meter shows 0 percents. But computer is still working normally so I start 3d mark and activate looping test. Then my computer works for about 30 minutes and battery stays on 0 percents all the time! Finally after thirty sometimes even forty minutes it finally shuts down. Its obvious that battery is quite good but windows battery meter is making mistake reporting empty battery. Please tell me what to do. Is there some other software which will be able to give me more reliable informations about battery status?HP zd8000 gives me false battery status even its fully charged?
Your battery is damaged obviously. You need a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment