Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Can minocycline give a false pregnancy test?

I've been taking minocycline for acne for 3 months now and my period is over a month late, and I never usually skip a period. i've taken 4 pregnancy tests and they've all come up negative. but i'm also experiencing 2 other signs of early pregnancy. I was wondering if the minocycline could be affecting the pregnancy tests?





Also I've stopped taking the minocycline just in case i am pregnant, but would it have already affected the baby?Can minocycline give a false pregnancy test?
No, but it does lower the effectiveness of oral contraceptives. Also, the side effects of this medication are higher in females. It is not recommended for females, or long term use.Can minocycline give a false pregnancy test?
if u have stopped it will be fine, take another test and see ur doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment